Your contributions assist FLAP in fighting against wage theft, human labor trafficking and other unfair and illegal employment practices:
With your support FLAP has achieved the following:
- Educated more than 1 million low-income Latinx workers on their legal rights – an average of 100,000 workers per year
- Partnered with more than 400 organizations, including Consulates, law firms and foundations, to improve working conditions in Illinois.
- Distributed more than 2.6 million of community outreach and education material with resources and legal information
- Delivered more than 25,000 “Know Your Rights” presentations – an average of 8 per day
- Received more than 80,000 telephone calls from workers requesting assistance
- Filed 242 lawsuits in federal and state courts – 90% representing multiple workers
- Sent 86 demand letters in the name of very low-income workers and their households in the following industries: cannery, farms, greenhouse, landscaping, meat, nursery, packinghouse, poultry, restaurants and snow plowing.
- Recovered almost 5.0 million dollars in back wages and damages for the workers
- During the COVID-19, FLAP has secured cash donations for 2,730 very low-income Latinx individuals making an impact on roughly 16,380 family members for a total of $1,459,084 in cash distribution
- 45,158 Personnel Protective Equipment has been distributed. Of those 26,780 went directly to Illinois’ Farmworkers and 4,052 to immigrant children.
In this volatile political climate, where low-income immigrants are routinely harassed, FLAP needs your support more than ever, and we depend on people like you to help bring a brighter future to these workers. Please join in helping FLAP, in memory of our co-founder Vincent Beckman III. Let us continue his fight against wage theft, human labor trafficking, family separations, and other unfair and illegal employment practices!
If you prefer to send a check, please make payable to FLAP, and mail to FLAP, 33 N. LaSalle # 900, Chicago, IL 60602.
FLAP’s FEIN Number is 36-4306362.
IRA Charitable Rollover
Are you or someone you know age 72 or older? If so,support your charitable interests in the community with a tax-free gift, up to $100,000, from your IRA to FLAP!
The IRA Charitable Rollover allows individuals age 72 and older to make a gift of a lifetime during their lifetime. Donors can make a qualified charitable distribution from their IRA directly to a qualifying charity, such as the Farmworker and Landscaper Advocacy Project, without declaring the distribution as income.
Who Should Consider an IRA Charitable Rollover?
- Individuals age 72 and older who have more money in their IRA than needed for daily living expenses and long-term care.
- Spouses who both have IRA accounts and do not need the income to support daily living expenses. Each spouse can transfer up to $100,000, tax free from their IRA.
- Generous donors who may give more to charity then they can deduct in a tax year (IRA Charitable Rollovers are exempt from federal income taxes).
- Donors who do not itemize deductions and regularly give a portion of their income to charity.
- Individuals who wish to gift up to $100,000 from their taxable estate.
Benefits of IRA Rollover Gifts:
- Your charitable gift will cost you less by using pre-tax IRA assets
- The IRA Charitable Rollover is not subject to income taxes
- Lower your taxable income for the year by using your IRA Charitable Rollover to meet your annual required minimum distribution
For further information, please contact Alexandra Sossa at 847-668-2114 or email@example.com
Learn more about Cy Pres: